Saturday, March 3, 2007

Turnover Issues Put Contemporary Director At Center Of Controversy


Paul Ha is being called out.
It's about time.

I worked there-I am one of those numbers. He doesn't care about anyone besides himself. After he came on and was very excited about the staff, one by one, month by month he took target practice. Making up lies and dismissing people. As I was being dismissed he told me to my face that at the Contemporary it wasn't about Art-It's about showing St. Louis what he has done for the city.

He is cold and calculating, he is not pleasant to work with and he plays out his "Napolean Complex" by dominating the people below him and especially those who are more educated than himself. It is sad to see that a once fine institution with wonderful people working hard for Art, has become only impressive because of a building.

I hope people take note!

Turnover Issues Put Contemporary Director At Center Of Controversy
By David Bonetti
POST-DISPATCH VISUAL ARTS CRITIC
02/18/2007

No comments: