Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Bobby G + JAMC?


Bobby Gillespie has revealed he would be up for rejoining Jesus & Mary Chain on their comeback tour.

The Primal Scream star was the group's original drummer, but hasn't played with the rock 'n' roll legends for more than 20 years.

Jim and William Reid confirmed news of their reformation recently, with the band set to play the Coachella Festival in California in May.

Now, Gillespie has suggested he would complete the original Mary Chain lineup if they wanted. "If they asked me, I would play," he explained. "I haven't played with them since 1985, you know--it's a long time ago. The last time I saw them play was '98 and then they split up three days later."

Speaking about J&MC's decision to reform, Gillespie told the BBC: "Fantastic, I love them, great friends, heroes of mine, and I am so pleased for them."

No comments: